Azeroth United members are finding
creative ways to share the good of Child’s Play Charity!
Today was Breast Cancer Awareness Day, where I work and we were told that we could wear pink shirts to help aid collect money for cancer research. After buying a pink shirt I had an idea and picked up some printertransfer paper. Take a look at the results!
I spent almost all day talking about Azeroth United to my workmates and customers, most of them are technophobes so I think it went over the majoraty of head. lol fun tho!
Great idea, Kryanno! We hope to feature more inventive ways to share your voice in support of Hearts, Hands, and Voices for Child’s PlayCharity as we move into the official kick-off tomorrow, November 1st! Give your voice. Visit HHV for more information!
Thanks to all for the amazing support and thoughtful responses the past few weeks. Excitement is building, and we are couldn’t be happier with the feedback and overall response from members of the WoW Internet Media Community.
One of the items Brig, Fim, Nib and I had discussed was how we can utilize all of the various social networking sites and communities to share information about Azeroth United, and now our upcoming charity drive – Hearts, Hands, and Voices for Child’s Play Charity. Intern, we were in the midst of preparing a twibbon to let members of the World of Warcraft twitter community share their support by sporting the Child’s Play logo, when we were approached by the World of Warcraft twibe leader herself Chief Omgitsafox!
And while we had the same idea to how twitter users can show their support, our approach to design was slightly different. You see, whereas Omgitsafox’s design was on the left side of the twitter avatar, Brigwyn’s was way, way far right. Surely Brigwyn’s placement was in no way a Freudian symbol of his right-winged need to control druids.
I digress…. whether you are on the right, or of the left, make sure to lend your support for Azeroth United’s Hearts, Hands, and Voices for Child’s Play Charity.
Let’s review some of the things that you can do to get involved:
- Send a note to your favorite website if they aren’t sporting an AU banner – “AU RAWKS U SHULD JOIN!”
- Follow @AzerothUnited on Twitter
- Put a Child’s Play Charity twibbon on your twitter avatar
- Retweet AU News and Information that interests and excites you about planned events!
- Lend your time and energy to help secure sponsorship for HHV by e-mailing email@example.com
- Give your “Voice” to support HHV by submitting an audio endorsement for upcoming promotions as HHV kicks off. Check azerothunited.com/hhv for more info
- Or, share your “Voice” support by posting an HHV banner on your website. Check azerothunited.com/hhv for more info
No matter how much time you have to give, any and all support for Hearts, Hands, and Voices is greatly appreciated. Together, we are poised to make HHV the largest World of Warcraft charity event that Azeroth has ever seen!
STARTS NOVEMBER 1!
Guess who got creative with their Sponsorship Contribution to Hearts, Hands, and Voices for Child’s Play Charity?! None other than Sideshow and Syrana… Playing on their twitter Internet Community banter, S & S will be donating $.10 to Child’s Play Charity for every blameworthy tweet which includes #iblamesyrana.
For every tweet containing #iblamesyrana (with at least something blameworthy, not empty tweets), Sideshow and Syrana will donate $.10 to Child’s Play Charity, up to a maximum of $50 worth of tweets. Whatever that total is (up to the max) they’ll match. (So if there’s 500 tweets bringing us to $50, they will donate $100).
Even if you have never tweeted a day in your life, now is the time to #iblamesyrana, and show our support for Child’s Play Charity.
Let’s explain how this works…
- Say your toon gets stuck while you are trying to wall walk in Ironforge
- You pop on twitter and chat about it: Got stuck while haxing IF, the game hates me! #iblamesyrana
- You pass the blame for your misfortune
- Another $.10 goes into the kitty for Child’s Play Charity from Sideshow and Syrana!
And, coming soon… a Child’s Play Charity twibbon. Your avatar can be your voice to support Hearts, Hands, and Voices for Child’s Play Charity! Also, soon… Twitter Unity here on Azeroth United!
This is a great opprotunity for everyone to get involved and give a little, and get into tweeting with the countless other World of Warcraft players who are active within the social networking community! Get involved!
All of here at Azeroth United are honored to have Kristin Lindsay, the Project Manager of Child’s Play as a special guest to help us kick off the Hearts, Hands and Voices Child’s Child’s Play charity event.
(Yep, believe it or not, that’s her over in the picture doing her best Elvis Impression it looks like.)
All kidding aside, we are truly honored to have a Kristin as a very special guest joining us on November 2, 2009 at 11pm Eastern/8pm Pacific for an awesome LIVE podcast event hosted by Azeroth United.
We hope you plan plan to join us as we learn more about Child’s Play.
We’ll discuss everything from:
How they got started? How do they operate? Maybe, we can even get an answer to that dreaded question, is did Gabe and Typho ever get over the Swine Flu!
- When is it?: This live show is scheduled for Monday, November 2nd at 8:00pm Pacific (11:00 pm Eastern). Not sure what time that is for you? Use this handy-dandy time converter!
- Where do I go? To participate on the live show, you will need to go to Azeroth United’s AUTV LIVE! page to connect with the stream. If that’s not working for you and you’re having issues then go to the Azeroth United Ustream page.
- Some general ground rules:
- Be nice. If you say very inappropriate things be aware you will be kicked from the room. We are doing this to have a great time, come with a beer, come during a raid, come how you wish, just don’t come to cause trouble.
- You may ask questions to the participants during the show, but we reserve the right to use them if and when we can. I will be monitoring the chat room and if I can I will use the comments during the show. We love that you are with us, but I will have to weave them in. Even if it isn’t asked, we all appreciate your questions.
Outside of that, we will love to have you join us and partake in an enlightening discussion that is sure to follow! Hope to see you there!
If you would like to learn more about Azeroth United. Or how you can be a part of Hearts, Hands and Voices for Child’s Play. Check out http://www.azerothunited.com/hhv
Hearts, Hands, and Voices UPDATE
The official press release has been sent, now we sit in LFG. In the meantime, we would like to thank the following sponsors for contributing items to the “Thank You” Gift Backpack Giveaways:
Curse Networks – Get your hands on one of these great items: mousepad, Super Slim USB Flash Card, 12 Month Premium Curse Subscription
Various Members of Azeroth United – Snag one of many assorted WoW TCG Loot Cards
Rawrcast: World of Warcraft Podcast - 60-day World of Warcraft Game Card
If you have a product or promotional swag that you would like to contribute to giveaways, please shoot us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Also, details around the “Voice” of HHV have been posted. For more details visit www.azerothunited.com/hhv.
Thank you all for your support! With your help, we plan to make Hearts, Hands, and Voices the biggest charity event Azeroth has ever seen!
Fellow Azerothians are uniting today to foster support for the First Annual – Hearts, Hands, and Voices Drive for Child’s Play Charity. Together, we are spreading the word… be on the lookout in the coming weeks for continued community support, corporate sponsors, and more information.
The event will kick-off November 1st, so let’s do our part to make this the biggest World of Warcraft Internet Media Community Event the Azeroth has ever seen!
Check azerothunited.com/hhv for more information on how you can give your voice to this amazing event!
Plans are coming together for the first Azeroth United charity drive. Stay tuned for more information!
In the meantime, we are uniting with amazing fellow Azerothians left and right! Make sure that you are united by submitting your logo, link and information. Together our voices will unite to bring attention to many worthwhile fan websites, podcasts, and amazing charities! After you unite, make sure to grab an AU logo and link back from your website!
Unite with Us!
Welcome to Azeroth United! The purpose of this site is to be a hub for the Azeroth United World of Warcraft Internet Media Community. This community includes, but is not limited to:
- News Sites (like mmo-champion, wow.com, etc)
- Utility Sites (like wowhead.com)
Pretty much anything that exists on the web that is about WoW is a welcome part of this community.
We are working on a special Charity Event run by AzU coming soon! Things like this charity event will be a part of what the community is all about. Bringing together all of our abilities to do something greater than we can individually. If you have any ideas on other things we can participate in or just do in general, please drop an email to us (contact information is coming soon including a feedback page)
Ready to join in on the craziness? Head over to the Unite with AU page and fill out the form there. You need to provide us with a 200×200 logo for your site to be used on this site in a strange and mysterious way!